Privacy & Data Protection Policy
The biennial International Paint Poole Regatta is organised by the Combined Yacht Clubs of Poole on even dated years. Racing takes place in Poole Harbour and in Poole Bay, usually over the late May Bank Holiday Weekend. As a responsible active organisation, the International Paint Poole Regatta Committee (IPPRC) needs to process and manage certain data in a reasoned manner that all involved understand and permit.
Who are we?
The organising authority (IPPRC) is a committee drawn from the Royal Motor Yacht Club, Parkstone Yacht Club, Poole Yacht Club and Lilliput Yacht Club, all of which are affiliated to the Royal Yachting Association. The IPPRC has a website provided for the benefit of competitors and through which entries may be submitted.
When do we collect your personal information?
The IPPRC collects information at different times. These include:
- When you apply to enter the regatta
- When you advise us that you have changed your boat or its location or your own contact details
- When you volunteer to be a race official in any capacity during a regatta.
What type of data do we collect?
Common information we keep includes:
- Names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers so that you can be contacted
- Details of the boat entered and the boat’s mooring place during the regatta
- Details of boat ownership if different to entrant.
We do not hold– Financially sensitive information such as bank or credit card details.
Why do we collect this data?
To fulfil its aims in organising the Regatta, the IPPRC has a legitimate interest in processing and maintaining data, so that competitors can enjoy sail racing and all involved can keep updated prior to, during and after the Regatta. Without this information the IPPRC would be unable to fulfil its aims.
All data is collected by ‘opt-in’ consent.
When do we share this data?
An entrant’s yacht name and type/class, plus owner’s name will be visible on the IPPRCwebsite.
The IPPRC will never provide information to third parties, for instance, for commercial gain. The IPPRC may share the information collected with the Royal Yachting Association and with World Sailing as required under the Racing Rules of Sailing. In addition, information may be shared with law enforcement agencies when it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Where do we store your personal information?
The data collected is held on a stand-alone computer maintained by the IPPRC Secretary on its behalf.
How long do we keep this information?
We may keep and process your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as necessary to do so for legal reasons. The data is reviewed by the IPPRC following each Regatta to establish whether we are still entitled to process it or no longer entitled to hold it. If at any time you request it, your data will be securely deleted.
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- to access your personal information
- to be provided with information about how your information is processed
- to have your information corrected or updated
- to have your personal information erased, though this may exclude you from entering the regatta
- to prevent outright or to restrict how your personal information is processed.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact the IPPRC Secretary.
International Paint Poole Regatta Committee